Thursday, January 14, 2010

Heidi Montag Loves Her Sexy New Songs

'The Hills' star Heidi Montag made waves with her first ever vocal performance at last year's Miss Universe pageant, even earning a passionately scornful review on CNN - a review that the singer adored. Montag told us exclusively in August, "I am so incredibly flattered that [Anderson Cooper] is talking about me." We spoke again to the female half of dynamic reality duo Speidi for this week's release of her full-length debut, 'Superficial'. Montag explains how her naughty lyrics get her going, why girls shouldn't make out with each other to catch a boy's eye - and which team she picks in the Leno/Conan debacle. Listen to a track from Montag's CD, and check out the interview after the jump.


On recording 'Superficial': "I put all the money that I had into this. I started out independently. It took me three years - albums nowadays take a month, they rush them and put them out, but I really wanted to go back to the days of the Beatles and the days of Elvis, and Michael Jackson, when they used to spend years on their albums, 'cause they wanted the quality to be so great. So the listener gets the best quality possible. Because I did it independently, I learned so much more. I wanted to go through it and experience the entire music industry."

"Most singers are just handed the song and they sing it and put it on their album. I was there with the lyrics, I was there with the mixing and the mastering - so many behind-the-scenes processes that a lot of singers don't even know go into their albums. I was very hands-on with every single detail of my album. I paid for all of it, so ... I put my life and soul and everything into it. I'm just excited for people to hear it. It's such a blessing."

"I've been called superficial, and that's not who I am - that's just the surface, it's just the beginning of who I am. For me, [the album title] is kind of a double entendre, and it's more about... you're just seeing the surface, and you don't know much about me."

On the Heidi Montag sound: "This is music of the future. This is the 2010 sound. Britney's voice, everybody's voice, is starting to me more of that autotune-y kind of sound, but a lot of my songs don't have that. Some of them do and some of them don't - it's just more fun. All my music has so much love in it and so much fun ... The most important thing to me is that people feel good when they listen to it ... There's so much darkness in the world right now, I just wanted to bring some light and some fun into it."

On kids today: "I think there's a lot of girls out there now [experimenting sexually just to get attention], and I would say that might be ... a bad influence. If that's real and that's how you feel, that's great, but not when it's just for attention ... it's very sad to me, it really breaks my heart, because I didn't grow up that way. It's very disheartening to me. [Any one woman] should be sexier than ten women making out. I feel more powerful than if I were making out with ten women, just kissing my husband once, because I'm secure and confident ... You should only do things that you want. Teenage girls don't need to do that just to get a guy's attention. There are other ways ... the pressures to be [sexually adventurous] just for attention are unfair to women. I think it's a step back in female empowerment. It makes them... toys. These are real women with real emotions."

"My point in these songs - you don't have to be that way. You don't have to be the way society wants you to be. You're a strong female, whoever you are. Its your light inside that counts, and that's what's going to attract whatever you want in the world and whoever you want in the world."

On her sexy lyrics... like "Come eat my panties off of me": "I love it. I'm a very sexual person and I'm married, so it's okay. I think every woman ... has an alter ego. We all have that really sexual, fun side. I just thought the lyrics were so fun and so sexy. They empower women. That song, when my friends hear it, they feel sexier. They have more fun, because the song is like, 'I'll do whatever you want, but I'm still kind of in charge here.' The lyrics are definitely a little edgy - and I'm sorry to the little girls - but I am married. Eat the panties off when you're married."

On 'The Hills' vs. 'Jersey Shore: "'The Hills' and 'Jersey Shore' could never be compared - first of all, 'The Hills' is in LA. I truly enjoy it, I think it's entertainment. I like the show a lot. I think the 'The Hills' is just picking up again. I think it's a whole new era."

"[Jersey Shore] has definitely taken reality to a while new level. I've never seen a girl get punched - I've never even seen a catfight. I felt very bad for it, but these people are very entertaining and it seems like they all have great hearts. Good for them. I could definitely see it being on for a few seasons, and I hope for them it does spin off into bigger careers."

On whom she prefers - Jay Leno or Conan O'Brien: "They were both extremely polite to me. They both came in and said hi several times. My only thing I would say is that Leno's audience was a lot nicer than Conan's. The guys are both unbelievable entertainers, they're both very funny, they're both incredible at what they've done - I would say congratulations to both of them for even being in it this long. I'm team both of them. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating when I was on their shows."

Credit: PopEater

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...